[Helix-client-announce] AMR-WB+ audio codec being integrated into Helix

Kevin Foreman kevinf at real.com
Wed Sep 28 22:12:42 PDT 2005

Great news for devices looking for the widest codec support. Today at
the CTIA Wireless Conference, VoiceAge Corporation, a leading provider
of speech codecs for mobile and internet applications announced the
availability of the AMR-WB+ hi-fi audio compression technology within
the Helix DNA Client.

We are pleased that VoiceAge is joining us to integrate AMR-WB+ into the
Helix platform. The availability of an AMR-WB+ extension for the Helix
DNA Client will lower our device partners' overall qualification time
and allow them to bring exciting new products to market sooner. We
strongly encourage content and rights holders to closely examine the new
AMR-WB+ codec when they need very high sound quality for speech and
music applications.

AMR-WB+, which is developed jointly by Nokia, Ericsson and VoiceAge, is
being integrated into the ubiquitous and comprehensive Helix digital
media platform for your possible inclusion into your commercial
products. AMR-WB+, which has been standardized by the 3GPP for mobile
multimedia hi-fi audio compression, delivers very good sound quality
across all types of audio, including pure music, pure speech, speech
between music and speech over music, at the low bit rates ranging from 7
- 48 kbps in both stereo and mono operation.

For more info see:
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/050928/nyw010.html?.v=27

--
Kevin Foreman,